animegoodys logo

What chemicals are in Expo markers?

Table of Contents

What chemicals are in Expo markers? Ingredient Information

  • Deionized Water. Function : Universal solvent. …
  • 1-Butoxy-2-Propanol. Function : Coupling agent/solvent. …
  • PPG-2 Methyl Ether. Function : Coupling agent/solvent. …
  • Methylisothiazolinone. Function : Biocide. …
  • Sodium Carbonate. Function : pH adjuster. …
  • C12-15 Pareth-4. Function : Surfactant. …
  • Download SDS.

What markers are poisonous? King Size Sharpie, Magnum Sharpie, and Touch-Up Sharpie contain xylene, which is neurotoxic and may damage other organs. Xylene poses a risk via inhalation, ingestion, and absorption across skin and mucous membranes. Writing on skin with these markers isn’t recommended.

Are markers toxic to kids? It will not make a child sick if it is swallowed. Ballpoint Pens: The very small amount of liquid ink in these pens is not harmful. Markers: “Water-soluble” markers are not usually harmful. Most other felt-tip markers do not cause any poisoning if small amounts of the ink are swallowed.

Are whiteboard markers safe for kids? Complies with European Safety Standards (Xylene and Toluene Free Ink) makes these marker pens Safe for all ages be it Children, kids, students, teachers as well as Adults or schools, colleges, offices and home usage.

What chemicals are in Expo markers? – Related Questions


Are whiteboard pens toxic?

Some whiteboard markers contain methyl isobutyl ketone, a harmful chemical that can irritate the eyes and nose, cause feelings of weakness, headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and coordination problems through short-term use.

Are Expo wet erase markers toxic?

Outfit your office or classroom with these Expo Vis-a-Vis fine point wet-erase overhead markers. Update your office supplies with these wet-erase markers that each feature a fine point for enhanced precision and accuracy. Because these markers are non-toxic, they’re safe for children to use.

What are smelly markers called?

Mr. Sketch is a brand of scented markers, currently owned by Newell Brands. Its markers are sold in packages of 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 18 and 22 units.

Can Expo marker hurt your skin?

If used on the skin, dry erase markers with methyl isobutyl ketone can cause redness, dry skin and pain 3. There is no known remedy for such irritation.

Is it safe to put expo marker on your skin?

The ink in Expo markers have a petroleum chemical called Xylene which gives off the unpleasant smell many of us associate with whiteboard and permanent markers. Not only does it irritate your skin, but xylene is also absorbed into your bloodstream when inhaled and can cause headaches, nausea and dizziness.

Can you put expo on your face?

If accidentally this methyl isobutyl ketone fell on your skin it will cause redness, dry skin and even pain. Unfortunately, there is no remedy for such irritation. That’s why be careful and keep these markers away from your skin.

Why do EXPO markers smell good?

They contain compounds like Xylene( dimethyl Benzene) or Toluene(methyl Benzene) which are the source of this pleasant odour. It is also advisable not to inhale from a marker for long as the fumes are toxic.

Are Expo markers toxic to humans?

EXPO Dry Erase Markers are non-toxic and formulated with low odor ink. The marker is ideal for whiteboard use in schools, offices, and homes. Consistent color quality renders bright and vivid messages. Assorted set of 4 includes 1 each of red, black, blue, and green.

What does sniffing markers do to your brain?

“In general, they have an inhibitor effect on the brain, very much like sedatives or alcohol,” says Baler. Inhaling them slows down the brain, which results in symptoms like slurred speech, loss of coordination, nausea and so on.

Can you lose brain cells from sniffing markers?

Question: Can sniffing Sharpie markers kill brain cells? Answer: “Not really, no. Sniffing sharpies very much can cause brain damage because of the specific chemical solvents they contain, in which case certain brain cells will stop functioning due to toxicity; this is most likely where this urban legend comes from.

Are dry erase markers harmful?

The Environmental Protection Agency cautions that exposure can lead to irritation of the eyes, nose and throat, and is associated with neurological, liver, kidney and respiratory problems.

Share this article :
Table of Contents
Matthew Johnson